Large Infrastructure Projects
Within the Programme Large Infrastructure Projects (LIPs) will be implemented. They shall be selected under a direct award procedure. They are strategic projects, in which the value of an infrastructure component exceeds 2.5 million euro. Not more than 30% of the European Union contribution to the Programme (around 12,5 million euro) will be spent on these projects. In addition, funds for the LIPs will be also provided by the Russian side and they may exceed 30% of the Russian Federation contribution to the Programme budget. The LIPs are to be selected under a two-step procedure that consists of the submission of a Project Summary (PS) followed by a Full Application Form (FAF).
The Programme Managing Authority submitted the Project Summaries of the selected projects to the European Commission for approval. The European Commission carried out their evaluation and rejected two projects. Finally, the potential beneficiaries and partners of six LIPs were invited to submit the Full Application Forms (together with technical documentation and other relevant annexes) by the end of August 2017. Afterwards, the Joint Monitoring Committee will select the best projects to be re-submitted to the acceptance of the European Commission.
All contracts with the beneficiaries of the LIPs selected through the direct award procedure should be signed by the end of June 2019.
The list of Large Infrastructure Projects:
1. Development of tourist-recreational potential and water tourism in Svetly and Malbork towns (Phase 2).
- Lead beneficiary: Administration of "Svetly urban district".
- Other beneficiaries: Municipality of Malbork.
- Total project budget: 5,1 mln euro.
- Amount requested: 4,6 mln euro.
- Scope of the project: The project is a continuation of cooperation initiated during the implementation of the Lithuania-Poland-Russia Cross-Border Cooperation Programme 2007-2013. Its main objective is to support local culture and preserve the historical heritage of the cities of Svetly and Malbork and to develop a water tourism between the Kaliningrad region and the Pomeranian Voivodeship by using the international waterway E-70.
2. CBCycle: Cross-border cycle routes for promotion and sustainable use of cultural heritage.
- Lead beneficiary: Ministry for Tourism of Kaliningrad region.
- Other beneficiaries: Administration of Svetlogorsk municipality, Administration of Pionersky municipality, Administration of Zelenogradsk municipality, Department of Tourism of the Marshal’s Office of the Warmińsko-Mazurskie Voivodship, European Foundation for Monuments Protection.
- Total project budget: 4,5 mln euro.
- Amount requested: 4 mln euro.
- Scope of the project: The project aims to improve the attractiveness and competitiveness of the Kaliningrad region and north-eastern Poland by creating a common cycle route, integrated and connected with EuroVelo cycle routes.
3. Partnership for the protection of waters of the cross-border area of Poland and Russia (Stage 2).
- Lead beneficiary: Administration of Gusev Municipality.
- Other beneficiaries: Olecko Commune, Joint Stock Company “Gusev-KOS”, Company of Water Supply and Sewerage in Olecko.
- Total project budget: 7,6 mln euro.
- Amount requested: 6,8 mln euro.
- Scope of the project: The proposed project is a continuation of the partnership initiated during the implementation of the Lithuania-Poland-Russia Cross-border Cooperation Programme 2007-2013: "Partnership for the protection of waters of the cross-border area of Lithuania, Poland and Russia". Within the project, which is the second stage of cooperation, the beneficiaries plan to modernize the pumping station and rebuild the water supply and sewerage networks, which will have an influence on the living conditions of the residents and improvement of the environment.
4. Improvement of the state of the water of the Baltic Sea cross-border basin including the Vistula/Kaliningrad Lagoon and the Curonian Lagoon.
- Lead beneficiary: Tolkmicko Commune.
- Other beneficiaries: Administration of the municipal unit Zelenogradsk town district, State University of Applied Sciences in Elbląg, Atlantic Branch of the P. P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Total project budget: 8,3 mln euro.
- Amount requested: 7,4 mln euro.
- Scope of the project: The project involves the reconstruction of the sewage treatment plant in Tolkmicko along with the construction of a bioenergy power plant operating with the treatment plant. The investment activities in the territory of the Russian Federation include the construction of a sewage treatment plant in Rybachiy. The implementation of the project will contribute to the solution of the cross-border environmental challenges by streamlining the waste water management.
5. Improvement of water quality and reduction of water losses in the Central Water Supply System for the Żuławy Region and Municipal unit “Yantarny town district”.
- Lead beneficiary: Central Water Supply System for the Żuławy Region in Nowy Dwór Gdański.
- Other beneficiaries: Municipal unit “Yantarny town district”.
- Total project budget: 10,5 mln euro.
- Amount requested: 9,5 mln euro.
- Scope of the project: The main objective of the project is to reduce the negative impact of the Central Water Supply System for the Żuławy Region on environmental resources and to reduce the excessive intake of groundwater. Within the project, the modernization of the existing water pipe network and the replacement of asbestos-cement pipes with polyethylene pipes on the Polish side and modernization of the sewage treatment plant on the Russian side are planned.
6. Construction of the new route of the regional road No. 512 with the construction of the bridge over the Łyna river in Bartoszyce.
- Lead beneficiary: Warmińsko-Mazurskie Voivodeship (Voivodeship Road Administration in Olsztyn).
- Other beneficiaries: Administration of Municipality “Gusev city district”.
- Total project budget: 8 mln euro.
- Amount requested: 7,2 mln euro.
- Scope of the project: The project involves the construction of a bridge along with the construction of a new section of the road on the Polish side of the border and the renovation of streets and sidewalks in Gusiew, on the Russian side. The implementation of the project will contribute to improvement of access to the border-crossing point Bezledy –Bagrationowsk and development of the transport network in the border area.