A new version of the Supplement to the Programme Manuals 2023-02-08, Category: Programme news
Please be informed that the second version of the Supplement to the Programme Manuals, approved by the Joint Monitoring Committee on the 7th of February 2023, is available for downloading in the "For Beneficiaries” – “Documents for Beneficiaries" tab.
The document was supplemented by:
- the relevant provisions deriving from the Regulation (EU) 2022/2192 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 November 2022 laying down specific provisions for the 2014-2020 cooperation programmes supported by the European Neighborhood Instrument and under the "European territorial cooperation" goal, following programme implementation disruption;
- the decisions taken by the Joint Monitoring Committee during the meeting held on the 7th of December 2022.
The most important modifications introduced to the new version of the Supplement to the Programme Manuals are related to the following issues:
- as no expenditure of the Russian beneficiaries has been audited, no co-financing paid to the Russian beneficiaries from the Programme funds (regardless of the source of financing) is considered eligible; moreover, all the European Union’s co-financing paid to the Russian beneficiaries will be subject to recovery;
- the Managing Authority is authorised to unilaterally amend the Grant Contracts by way of Managing Authority’s decision without the prior approval of the JMC (including replacement of the lead beneficiary or changes to the financing plan or to the execution deadlines).
The European funds unpaid and recovered from Russian beneficiaries will be available for Polish beneficiaries in ongoing projects.
At present, efforts are being made by the Programme authorities to redistribute these funds among the current Polish beneficiaries of the Programme. The Joint Technical Secretariat is collecting information from all projects using surveys examining the beneficiaries' interest in obtaining additional funding for:
- Increasing the budget of the Polish beneficiary of the project, aimed at counteracting the migration crisis, in accordance with the 'Supplement no 2 to the Programme Manuals related to suspension of the Financing Agreement'.
- Other activities in line with the indicators of the current project (or other Programme indicators from the thematic objective), as well as increasing the financing of present activities for which the planned funds were not sufficient.
All project activities financed by the Programme shall end by 31 December 2023.
The decision on the distribution of funds and increasing the scope of the projects will be made by the Joint Monitoring Committee.